Thursday, August 14, 2008

Delicious and external links

Delicious is a social bookmarking service that allows users to tag, save, manage and share web pages from a centralized source. With emphasis on the power of the community, Delicious greatly improves how people discover, remember and share on the Internet. (http://delicious.com/about -- accessed 14 August 2008)

I have created a behind dreaming delicious account for all the online resources I refer to in my blog Behind Dreaming. Other online resources that I also find useful in relation to both my blogs will be added to this account, even though I may not refer to them directly. The main benefit of creating a delicious account is so I do not need to clutter up either of my blogs with all the external resources I want to share.

If you want to be able to also create an external list of resources for your blog then you will need to go to the delicious site. If you do not already have an account at this point you will need to create one. Delicious provides code for what they call a Tag Roll that you can add to your blog. Once this code has been added the tags, for each resources that you have bookmarked in your account, will appear on your blog as a cloud tag. Each of these tags link a list of the resources that have been bookmarked with that tag within your delicious account. Just remember by selecting one of the tags you will be now be in delicious, so I have bookmarked Behind Dreaming in my delicious account and have given it the tag homepage so someone else can get back to my blog.

Let me know if you need instructions about how to actually add the code to your site.

No comments: